February 21, 2018
Improving Quality of Life
Programs & Events
- Living with Uncertainty Support Group
- Babes4Breasts Head Start Program for Women with Breast Cancer
- A Year to Live Workshop Series for Healthcare Practitioners
- 6-Week Mindfulness Based Program
- Monthly Memorials
- Gentle Yoga Classes Every Friday
- Guided Meditation Download
- Cancer Navigation - Understanding Available Resources and Choices
- Monthly Events Calendar
- News & Events
- Training & Education
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Working with Anxiety for Healthcare Professionals
Program for Healthcare Professionals
WORKING WITH ANXIETY: Train the Trainer Workshop Series
Appropriate for a wide range of health care professioonals, in this workshop you will learn to engage and support someone experiencing anxiety immediately and in the long term and will learn how to enlist various practices to help yourself and others accept, downrehulate and re-pattern the human nerbous system.
This day long series is led by Anne Pitman, M.Sc., C-IAYT, Director of the Ottawa School of Embodied Yoga Therapy and a Care Coordinator and Yoga Therapist at the OICC. Anne has extensive experience compassionately accompanying people experiencing fear and anxiety as well as helping people in their ending of their days.
This training workshop is appropriate for psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, social workers, nurses, doctors, massage therapists, physiotherapists, acupuncturists, NDs, and any therapists working with mental emotional well being for themselves and their patients.
Please scroll down for further details on the objectives of the workshop.
When: Wednesday April 4th, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Where: OICC, 29 Bayswater Avenue
Cost: $85.00 + $11.05 HST = $96.05
To Register: Please sign-up online or call 613-792-1222
Group Instructor: Anne Pitman, Yoga Therapist & Care Coordinator
Objectives for the daylong workshop:
- To understand the differences between specific fears and generalized anxiety
- To learn a broad and individualized understanding of the nervous system and the effects of shock and trauma
- To explore various do-able mindfulness, breath and movement practices that can help people with acute and long term anxiety downregulate and re-pattern
- To understand the quality of empathy and human support and how we can help people with anxiety feel understood and accompanied very quickly, when visiting our offices
As a Health Care Worker you will:
- Be able to engage and support someone experiencing anxiety – immediately and in the long term
- Feel more accepting of your own anxiety
- Understand how the nervous system works to protect us
- Enlist various practices to help yourself and others accept, downregulate and re-pattern the human nervous system