February 21, 2018
Improving Quality of Life
Programs & Events
- Living with Uncertainty Support Group
- Babes4Breasts Head Start Program for Women with Breast Cancer
- Head Start Ongoing Monthly Meeting
- A Year to Live Workshop Series for Healthcare Practitioners
- Monthly Memorials
- Gentle Yoga Classes Every Friday
- Guided Meditation Download
- Cancer Navigation - Understanding Available Resources and Choices
- Monthly Events Calendar
- News & Events
- Training & Education
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
6-Week Mindfulness Based Program
Mindfulness is the gentle effort to be continuously and consistently present with experience. In essence, mindfulness involves paying attention “on purpose”. Mindfulness involves a conscious direction of our awareness.
Learning a mindfulness based approach allows you to:
- Understand why you feel the way you do
- Gain control of your emotions — both the positive and negative ones
- Retrain your mind to think and respond more positively
- Deal more effectively with anxiety associated with your current life events
- Reduce stress
- Calm your mind and let go of unhealthy thoughts
- Feel good about yourself and extend those feelings to someone else
- Enhance your relationships
WHEN: Please check this page for new dates in 2019
WHO: Open to the public and patients
COST: $160 introductory rate + HST ($240 regular price)
6-Part Mindfulness Course:
This 6-week series will take a deeper experiential look into an awareness of the thoughts, feelings, and actions that give birth to a richer life now.
Participants will learn various mindfulness skills and tools with the opportunity to start developing a regular meditation practice. Because of the structure of this program, participants are encouraged to make a commitment to attend all sessions as they will build upon each other.
Week 1 - Developing a Mindfulness Meditation Practice
Week 2 - Mindfulness with our Emotions and Freedom with our Thoughts
Week 3 - Working with Difficult Times in our Life
Week 4 - Creating a Mindful Relationship with Oneself
Week 5 - Creating a Mindful Relationship with Others
Week 6 - Increased Awareness in Our Everyday Lives
Moira Hutchison is a Certified Hypnosis-Visualization Practitioner and Mindfulness Coach. She offers people with cancer and their families a professional, caring service that psychologically supports and assists them through every stage of their illness.