November 7, 2018
Improving Quality of Life
Programs & Events
- Living with Uncertainty Support Group
- Meditation Many Ways
- 6-Week Mindfulness Based Program
- Babes4Breasts Head Start Program for Women with Breast Cancer
- Head Start Ongoing Monthly Meeting
- Gentle Yoga Classes Every Friday
- Monthly Memorials
- A Year to Live Workshop Series for Healthcare Practitioners
- Cancer Navigation - Understanding Available Resources and Choices
- Tea and Talk
- Monthly Events Calendar
- News & Events
- Training & Education
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Anticancer Lifestyle Program
Making Changes, Moving Forward
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program is a lifestyle transformation program for people diagnosed with cancer who are ready to make some positive lifestyle changes. Evidence shows that a healthy diet, adequate physical activity, lowered exposure to toxins, social support, and stress management all help to maximize the body's natural defenses to fight cancer. After 12 weekly sessions, participants will have essential tools and information needed to sustain these desirable lifestyle changes.
Next Program Starts January 10th
How Participants Learn:
Our faculty uses a variety of teaching methods, group activities and discussion to keep you interested and provide a lot of opportunity for hands-on learning both inside and outside of the classroom. Over the course of 12 weeks we will focus on each of the four pillars of our program: diet, fitness, mindset and lowered exposure to toxins. Additionally, throughout the session we allow plenty of time for participants to socialize, share and learn from each other’s experience and provide support. Outside of the weekly classes, your learning will continue with peer coaching and individual work designed to support class discussion.
- Workshop Series
Tuesdays, January 10th - March 28th, from 6:00 - 8:30 pm
- Where: OICC, 29 Bayswater, in the Multi-Purpose Room
- Cost: $285 + HST includes 12 weeks of instruction, course materials, a copy of Dr. David Servan-Schreiber's book "Anticancer: A New Way of Life", pedometer and snacks.
Latest Blog Posts
February 21, 2018
December 20, 2017