March 6, 2020
Improving Quality of Life
- Our Treatment Approach
- Our Therapies
- Symptom Management
- Becoming a Patient
- Fee Schedule
- Online Dispensary
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Philosophy of Care
- Communicate with other clinicians to optimize patient care. This collaboration may involve at least two 60 minute meetings per week in which patient cases are discussed.
- Seek the consent of all patients to be tracked for outcomes data collection for purposes of research.
- Work with a case manager to provide a comprehensive and interdisciplinary plan for clinical care for each patient.
- Work within a team oriented environment that honours patient care as the first priority.
- Work within a non-hierarchical clinical environment where the perspective of each clinician is equally valued.
- Inform and seek the consent of patients that are eligible for clinical trials approved to run through the OICC.
- Appropriately document outcomes data required for such clinical trials or observational research.
- Learn and adapt to an evolving electronic medical record (EMR) and use this EMR to document patient encounters.
- Communicate patient care to external health care practitioners as warranted as well as internally to other clinicians at the OICC.
- Welcome other practitioners who care for mutual patients to review the medical records for such patients, except in cases where patients have explicitly asked that this information be kept in confidence (i.e. 'blacked out' from the record).
- Within the framework of a teaching clinic, be willing to have residents, externs and/or student preceptors view/sit in on clinical encounters.
- Support and provide training for newer grads and residents in safe and effective I/V care.
- Be open and willing to engage in continuing education that enhances patient care.
- Provide education in seminar form to patients, their family members and practitioners.
Latest Blog Posts
January 9, 2020
December 20, 2019