February 26, 2017
- What is the OICC?
- How is the OICC Different?
- Our Team
- CCNM Governance
- Voices of Support
Changing how we live with cancerDonate Today!
29 Bayswater Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2E5View Location Map
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to provide evidence-informed integrative and preventative cancer care, research, and education across the spectrum of prevention to survivorship. The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) will be a flagship model interdisciplinary centre that provides whole-person integrative care to people with cancer, cancer survivors, and those seeking cancer prevention.
Our objectives at the OICC are to:
- Be a model for whole-person cancer care by providing optimal patient-centred integrative care and an example to support the creation of a network of associated centres across Canada.
- Bridge complementary and conventional cancer care by assisting in reducing barriers through education, care, and research towards a more seamless, integrated, and empowering patient experience that includes complementary medicine.
- Provide evidence-informed resources for patients and caregivers, making reliable information on non-conventional approaches to cancer care and prevention available for those with cancer and their families.
- Conduct high-quality research in complementary cancer care by testing the effectiveness of emerging therapies, natural health products, and complementary medicine in cancer care and prevention.
- Address environmental contributors to cancer, by researching the effects of toxic exposures, and educating the public on how to reduce exposure to the environmental toxins that promote cancer development and progression.
- Train and educate others for integrative oncology, including health practitioners, students, and the public. By teaching the principles of integrative oncology, we positively impact the delivery of cancer care across Canada.
Voices of Support
“For far too long, disciplines have worked in isolation without communication and our patients have often felt caught between differing therapeutic philosophies, often to their detriment. This is a wonderful initiative. An integrative program will help provide a much needed bridge.”
Latest Blog Posts
February 24, 2017
February 15, 2017